HVAC technology has come a long way since the invention of the first modern electrical air conditioning system. As a result, today’s homeowners in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, have many options to choose from to help maximize their comfort. If you’re shopping for a household gift or looking to upgrade your HVAC system, consider a programmable thermostat.
Conserve Energy and Save Money
As a homeowner, saving money without sacrificing comfort is your number-one priority. A programmable thermostat helps you achieve that.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, using a programmable thermostat correctly can save you up to $180 in annual energy costs. With some of the best thermostats on the market ranging from $50 to $300, your investment will pay for itself within a year or two. After that, all of your energy savings will go directly into your pocket.
Maximize your energy savings by:
- Programming the thermostat to decrease the temperature when you’re away or sleeping in the winter
- Programming the thermostat to increase the temperature during the summer while your home is unoccupied
- Using the ‘vacation’ setting to maintain consistent temperatures when you’re away for long periods
- Avoiding drastically decreasing or increasing the thermostat setting to try to cool or heat your home faster
- Programming the thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature according to your habits and lifestyle
Take Advantage of New Features
Every home has unique comfort needs, and a programmable thermostat helps you achieve them. With a seven-day programmable thermostat, you can greatly improve heating and cooling efficiency, even during a busy week. Some other features to look for when shopping for a programmable thermostat include:
- Remote access
- Smart integration
- Custom alerts
- Behavioral adaptation
If you’re interested in learning more about how a programmable thermostat can improve your quality of life, contact Farmer’s Heating and Air Conditioning at 843-548-4304. With more than 30 years of experience helping homeowners improve their energy efficiency, you can count on us to to help you save.
Image provided by Thinkstock